mental health and sex - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships mental health and sex

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pommygirl21
    Participant

Mental health can play a big part in sexual relationships so i was wondering if people would like to share their experiences?

ElleBelle
    Participant

The effect on libido is a pretty big one. I know that depression can lower your desire for sex, but then so can some anti-depressants. I reckon it’s just so important to communicate with your partner about what’s going on and how you’re feeling, even though it’s not an easy conversation to have.

blithe
    Participant

Great question, @pommygirl2! Is it something you’ve had experience of?

pollypower
    Participant

@pommygirl21
    I just had a read of your bio, and noticed this was a particular area of interest for you. Is there a particular area of mental health and sex that you find most interesting?

As for sharing my experiences with you. 
    It can be tricky, and I relate to what @ElleBelle says about it effecting your libido and the importance of communication. I can also see how it might be difficult for a partner who hasn’t had lived experience to empathise and understand and get frustrated or feel unwanted. It’s tricky to keep communication lines open and clear; but it’s a skill worth working on. 

mak_trouble891
    Participant

I totally agree with you @elleBelle, having suffered depression and been on medication myself, I totally understand and can relate. I definitely believe communication is the key, although it can be hard when you are depressed. It is definitely a conversation worth having.

pommygirl21
    Participant

my main areas are Asperger and Anxiety in relation to the physical, emotional and mental aspect of sex as well as figuring out gender identity and how to accept who you are.

I have and still am going through these things and thought it would be something people might like to talk about

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.