Is going down on a woman disgusting? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Is going down on a woman disgusting?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    -_-
    Participant

I’ve just seen what I think is the most insane Crowdfunder ever – yet it’s raised over $20,000! 
    It’s for a pair of underwear women can wear while someone goes down on them. 
    Like seriously?! 
    Is going down on a woman really that disgusting you need a pair of knickers to “Block fluids, scents, tastes”?
    One good thing they’re looking at is a pair that blocks STIs – although I’m very intrigued as to how that’ll work…

EarthMamaEarthMama

This is so intriguing and very insulting! What ever happened to having a shower if you feel gross?? 
    Also- this ad technically speaks to the people with the ‘unclean vaginas’- and yet the premise seems to be totally aimed at the person enacting oral sex. 
    I also am completely skeptical about the odourless part…no way!

HappyHooHah
    Participant

My question is – was this idea created by a man or woman?

I think its offensive and should go both ways…. but then again, maybe it already does go both ways if you insist on a man wearing a condom..

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

This seems a bit ridiculous. They’ve advertised it fairly neutrally, but I do think saying that the underwear stops ‘unwanted’ fluid from passing through feeds into women’s insecurities about their vaginas. Vaginas and penises are body parts – no one said they should taste like a punnet of strawberries. 

@HappyHooHah I don’t think it goes both ways yet. Condoms prevent STIs and I’m pretty sure flavoured condoms exist because latex isn’t an arousing taste. The underwear don’t actually prevent STIs yet – they’re adding to their fundraising goal to make it possible. 

So it seems like, for now, the underwear just stop fluid from transferring, which is an unhelpful message to send, imo. 

EarthMamaEarthMama

Agreed @Aunt_Flo! I have never once heard a conversation about the undesirable taste of a penis! And how often is the question of ‘spit or swallow’ thrown around with an expectation that it’s sexier to swallow!? 
    Bodies are bodies.
    Perhaps if we are too squeamish about natural body functions- we are too squeamish to have the honour and responsibility of enjoying the body of another. 

MintMilanoMintMilano

All just seems a bit superfluous, really. Have they never heard of a dental dam?

-_-
    Participant

@Aunt_Flo Agree completely. It definitely perpetuates the myth that vaginas smell/taste bad. 

EarthMama said:

Agreed @Aunt_Flo! I have never once heard a conversation about the undesirable taste of a penis! And how often is the question of ‘spit or swallow’ thrown around with an expectation that it’s sexier to swallow!? 
    Bodies are bodies.
    Perhaps if we are too squeamish about natural body functions- we are too squeamish to have the honour and responsibility of enjoying the body of another. 

The bit about being too squeamish to have the honour of enjoying the body of another? Hell yeah!!

teatea

@ekoorb9 Sounds more like ‘blocks women from pleasure’ hhmmm

I mean I DO like the prospect of it being a deterrent from STI’s though, at a cost really and considering the other options available to prevent STI’s it just doesn’t seem worth it (if it even works lmao)

@happyhoohah Good point though! Probably a man tbh,,,,(destroy the patriarchy),,,but yeah regardless of who came up with it, it’s just seriously undermining the fact that women should be allowed sexual pleasure – we’re people, not objects!

Personally, I LOVE going down on women! I love the taste and smell and the satisfaction it gives to someone. Viva la vulva!!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.