Being a sacred slut - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Being a sacred slut

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    peachy
    Participant

So in the podcast discussion I brought up this one ‘Authentic Sex with Juliet Allen’. And in our discussion I mentioned how I loved her discussion on being a ‘sacred slut

In a nutshell, Juliet defines a sacred slut as someone who is
    – Highly sexually charged and loves sex
    – Embraces their sexual energy and uses it to supercharge all areas of their life
    – Not defined by labels and enjoys exploring sex 
    – Devoted to a path of sexual empowerment 
    – Focused on quality encounters 

This is such a radical way of thinking about sex, I love it! It’s made me really think about the kind of sexual being I want to be and how being sexually empowered impacts other areas of my life. 

Does anyone else already hold these values? How have you committed yourself to sexual empowerment or how do you use your sexual energy to improve other parts of your life? 

-_-
    Participant

Hey @peachy interesting discussion. I haven’t listened to the podcast yet but will do later.

I think that these values are incredibly healthy. Sex is a fun and important part of life and I can definitely see how it can improve other areas of life. I’d love to…if only I could meet a man I actually found attractive  😀 😀 😀 (But that’s a different story haha!) 

The only thing I’m not sure of is the using the word ‘slut’ within the terminology. It just seems to reinforce those negative connotations. But at the same time, I guess it’s challenging it head on…

EarthMamaEarthMama

This is such a cool concept @peachy ! I really love the integration of sexuality into the world of the sacred. I have found many experiences with my body and the bodies of others to feel profoundly spiritual at times and I think it is so great that there is a term for it. 
    We get caught up sometimes in conversations about biology and the rigidity of sexual language, that it can be easy to forget how amazing and beautiful it is when our bodies fit together and tune one another. 

@ekoorb9 I understand your reservations with the word ‘slut’, but definitely see it as a reclamation of the dirtiness imposed on people who enjoy sex. Words only have the power we give to them 🙂 

peachy
    Participant

@EarthMama That’s amazing to hear! I totally agree and it’s something I personally really struggle with. I had a session with a tarot reader for the first time recently, and interestingly it’s something she totally picked up on. I’m so in my head with the biology/mechanics of sex that I find it really hard to let go, slow down and connect with this person I’m with. She actually suggested meditation and eros dancing to help with this, which I’m super keen to try out! 

@ekoorb9 it’s actually such a process finding someone you’re sexually compatible with, I feel your pain ahaha! Yeah using ‘slut’ is a tricky one because it’s often used in such a vile way but I really agree with @EarthMama ! Reclaiming is the way to go!

EarthMamaEarthMama

@peachy Oh dear, could you pleeeease give us a run through on this ‘eros dancing’ you speak of! This thread is literary sex heaven! 

peachy
    Participant

@EarthMama from what I can gather, it’s learning to let go and explore your femininity/sexuality through free dance! You explore this through four female archetypes (the maiden, wild woman, priestess and the slut), each type have their own style of music of varying tempos/vibes. The next 8-week class in Sydney is in May – I really want to go but it’s so pricey  :'(

EarthMamaEarthMama

@peachy Oh my goodness! Don’t you just love those moments where you learn about the existence of something so unbelievable you are just in awe of the world!? I am having one of those! I’m sorry it’s so pricey :/ maybe something to save for in the future? 
    I’ve studied Paganism in the past and have just generally heard about the feminine archetypes being the maiden, the mother and the crone. These are far more fiery, varied and empowering! How brilliant!

peachy
    Participant

@EarthMama absolutely!!! I just want to keep having more of those moments! For now I might try a No Lights No Lycra class! Won’t be as spiritual but still the concept of getting out of your head and letting go! 

Ooh that’s so interesting! Did you get anything out of paganism? 

EarthMamaEarthMama

@peachy I’VE DONE NO LIGHTS NO LYCRA AND IT IS A-MAZING!!! Basking in self-acceptance and music and dance is akin to a spiritual experience honestly!! A very good plan b :). 

And yes! Paganism is ultra fascinating and very female focused which I love. 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.