Our forum is under maintenance at the moment which means we can't reply to any posts or comments. We'll be back up online soon - in the meantime if you have a general Play Safe question please email us [email protected] or, if you have a sexual health question, you can ask Nurse Nettie completely confidentially here https://playsafe.health.nsw.gov.au/ask-nurse-nettie

STIs Quiz

walk_on_wallswalk_on_walls Posts: 191 Mod Squad
edited April 2017 in Sexual Health
Hey all,

Last week the ABC posted a STIs Quiz on their website. Takes 5min and a few tricky ones in there!

@Nurse_Nettie I'm banking on you getting 10/10 first go :)

Comments

• Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie Posts: 319 Mod Squad
    edited May 2016
    Haha, yep 100% first go!!   B) B) B)
    but you're right, there were some tricky ones! did any of the answers surprise you @walk_on_walls?
  • pollypowerpollypower Posts: 45 Rookie
    9/10
    Who Knew ebola can be an STI !!!
  • The_BeepThe_Beep Posts: 36 Regular
    7/10 - HPV vaccine only protects across 4 types?? Gonorrhoea may become antibiotic resistant?? :open_mouth:

but at least you can't catch STI's off toilet seats!!
    :smiley:

• Aunt_FloAunt_Flo Posts: 491 Mod Squad
    7/10, dang! 
  • v4wanndiiv4wanndii Posts: 122 Regular
    just got 5/10 only. Need to read more about this topic after i'm free from uni exams.
  • ZahZah Posts: 55 Regular
    Bummer, 7/10! That was harder than I thought...
  • walk_on_wallswalk_on_walls Posts: 191 Mod Squad
    @Nurse_Nettie 8/10, I was surprised with the Ebola answer and took a wild guess at the HPV one O.o
    Good effort @walk_on_walls! Whilst sexually transmitted Ebola is extremely rare, the HPV infection is very common. Did you know that there are over 120 different types of HPV? The good news is that only some of these types may cause symptoms in the genital area. The vaccine protects from 4 of the most common types- 2 that may progress to cervical cancer & 2 that may cause genital warts. The vaccine called Gardasil is available free to girls & boys aged 9 to 18 years. Hopefully in the future we wont have these health problems :)

• EggplantEmojiEggplantEmoji Posts: 44 Rookie
    9/10! I'm glad, otherwise I would have had to go back to my textbooks and re-educate myself before my next exam!
  • RoseHillRoseHill Posts: 71 Mod Squad
    9/10 Woo! I got stumped by the Ebola question too @pollypower
    @Big_Mama @Lube_Man Have you checked this quiz out yet? Post ya scores...if you dare.
  • Lube_ManLube_Man Posts: 39 Regular
    @walk_on_walls i got a 9/10. lost a point on a silly bloody mistake!
  • Big_MamaBig_Mama Posts: 58 Regular
    @walk_on_walls I got a 9. The Ebola question got me!

@Lube_Man ; @Big_Mama ; Nicely done, ya beat me :)
  • stephaniaaaahstephaniaaaah Posts: 117 Community Manager
    10/10 but only after I saw all of your ebola comments!  
    @stephaniaaaah nice, blitzing it!
  • GeminiGemini Posts: 41 Community Manager
    Get in 10/10!!! You'd be proud of me @Nurse_Nettie ....the daily lessons I get are paying off!!
    :)  Top score @Gemini! Well done!
  • MsBlueStreakMsBlueStreak Posts: 475 Rock Star
    Who learned their stuff in sex-ed??
  • teatea Posts: 267 Mod Squad
    7/10! Dang I need to read up on this stuff more!

@MsBlueStreak I actually don't think I learnt any of what was in the quiz in sex-ed tbh! Most of it I learnt from the internet, or from people when I left high school (which isn't great, living through high school thinking you can get an STI from a toilet seat hmm).
  • DeftRatDeftRat Posts: 84 Mod Squad
    7 out of 10. There were some curve balls in there.