Dinner Ideas - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Dinner Ideas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    mak_trouble891
    Participant

So lately I have found I have been cooking the same few things over and over again for dinner. When the days are so busy, I often find it hard to come up with something different yet easy to cook. So I thought why not ask you guys 🙂 help! lol

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Steamed green with noodles and sauce, or roasted veggies with hummus or something are my go-to lunches. I’m often pressed for time so I love steaming and leaving things.

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Thanks @Aunt_Flo, I really like to steam or bake fish in foil with veggies and olive oil.

PurplePurple

Do you steam things by just throwing them in the microwave? (I can’t cook. Like, at all). 

HoneyPot

YASSSS FOOD TALK. My house is pretty into pasta bakes at the moment, they are really easy and you can get a few meals out of them 🙂 We make a lot of noodles too, also if you don’t have a rice cooker they are so great/easy/fast/no stress! And obvi rice goes with everythingggg!

EarthMamaEarthMama

I am super into making rice paper rolls at the moment! Lovely in hot weather, and you can prep a bunch of them a few days in advance!! 
    Also something like bruschetta is a great cost effective go-to! Just toast some bread and chop heaps of tomatoes, onions, basil- bit of salt, pepper, olive oil and you’re good to go!! 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@EarthMama YES RICE PAPER ROLLS. I love chucking raw veggies and anything else I can find in rolls. 

I think my main thing is making sauces/condiments. I currently have hummus, parsley butter, parsley sauce, chimichurri (THE BEST), and chilli oil in my house – all homemade. It forces me to think of what I can have with the sauces, and spruces up an otherwise boring lunch.  

EarthMamaEarthMama

@Aunt_Flo Ahhh that’s such a cool idea!! Sauce is EVERYTHING! I remember when I first became vegetarian and realised the main difference between meat and veggies/tofu tasting great was all in the sauce! You must have some cool marinade ideas too??

teatea

I feel inspired to go and make some rice paper rolls now brb

SO LIKE ok um I’m very poor and very gluten intolerant so I’ve had to get creative with my meal prep. My staples are definitely potatoes, rice and oats. Do you have oats, a banana, an egg and a blender? BAM. Pancakes. Add some milk for extra smoothness. Potatoes? I mean, you can make a million things out of those sweet dirt nuggets. Potatoes are life.

I’m into stir-frys a lot, which you can make with literally anything in your pantry + rice. There’s this cool website where you can input your pantry ingredients that you have on hand, and it gives you recipes you can make out of all that stuff! Yaaass!

HoneyPot

PREACCCCCH POTATOES!

champagnepapi

Yassss food.

I made this amazing jerk chicken the other day because i was feeling nostalgic over my trip to the caribbean.

Basically all you do is marinate a whole chicken with allspice, honey, garlic, oil and a bit of tomato puree. You can serve it with rice and peas, which is really easy to make too. In a glass baking dish you can chuck in however much rice you want, a tin of lite coconut milk, a cup of chicken stock and your peas (or beans if you like). So you take your chicken and put it on one of those grilling trays, directly over the dish with the rice, and chuck the whole thing in the oven for about 40 minutes at 180.

So easy and makes a couple of meals, the prep is the most labour intensive part. 

champagnepapi

oh and don’t forget the salt and pepper obv haha (+ generous amount of lemon juice over everything)

teatea

@champagnepapi ohh i’m so trying this out! I have a ton of those grilling tray things I need to use!

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@EarthMama a little bit! I LOVE fresh marinades, so I often do a look of spicy Mexican marinades, like with chipotle chillis, loads of garlic, and fresh lime and herbs. 

champagnepapi

@tea
    yay! let me know how you like it 🙂 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.