Our forum is under maintenance at the moment which means we can't reply to any posts or comments. We'll be back up online soon - in the meantime if you have a general Play Safe question please email us playsafe@health.nsw.gov.au or, if you have a sexual health question, you can ask Nurse Nettie completely confidentially here https://playsafe.health.nsw.gov.au/ask-nurse-nettie

Pets!

peachypeachy Posts: 183 Mod Squad
It's back to uni next week, so I think I need some cute animals pics to get me through this difficult time ahead!!  :s :s

This is my puppy Henry not enjoying his walk! 

Comments

• teatea Posts: 267 Mod Squad
    edited September 2017
    I tried doing that thing where cats are scared of cucumbers but all I had was a zucchini and she wasn't impressed...

• KitKit Posts: 403 Rock Star
    Love this!!! <3  I have no pets in my tiny apartment so show all your cute animals please!

• peachypeachy Posts: 183 Mod Squad
    @tea omg so much attitude!! What's her name?
    @peachy Her name is mince...I uh..don't know why hahaha
  • mak_trouble891mak_trouble891 Posts: 563 Mod Squad
    I have a black cat, her names betty lol
  • DeftRatDeftRat Posts: 84 Mod Squad
    I have fish lol. They're def not as exciting as cats or dogs but can be nice and calming sitting in front of the tank watching them school around the tank
    I love animals with 'human' names @mak_trouble891 :lol:

Totally agree @DeftRat, watching fish can be so relaxing! My girlfriend's dad has some fish and I always say hello to them when I'm there. I feel like they know who I am now but I'm not sure? Are fish self-aware like that? Hmm..
  • DeftRatDeftRat Posts: 84 Mod Squad
    Hahaha I think they may be @tea. Our fish always seem to know when it's feeding time if my bf goes near the tank around a certain time
  • stephaniaaaahstephaniaaaah Posts: 117 Community Manager
    @peachy Henry is me anytime someone tries to make me exercise! 

Hahaha @tea I love that you tried to scare Mince with a zucchini 

I have 1000+ earth worms in my fabulous worm farm (no I haven't named them all) 6 goldfish, my housemate has a Jack Russel/Pug (Jug) named Louie, and a neighbours cat that pops in every night to steal Louie's food, he's named Rainbow.  Safe to say it's a bit of a zoo! 

@DeftRat I agree! Yeah @tea they are pretty intelligent https://www.huffingtonpost.com/aysha-akhtar/what-does-a-fish-know-and_b_11660014.html
    Woah earth worms??? @stephaniaaaah that's so cool! Do you do a lot of gardening then? 
    They are so much fun! @tea Ah I try too though, mostly herbs and a few easier veg like Chilli, snow peas and some types of lettuce. You a green thumb?  
    @mak_trouble891 now I got that song in my head haha
    @stephaniaaaah Yeah I love plants!! I don't have a garden where I'm living at the moment though :disappointed:
    Hahaha I love it @stephaniaaaah, pretty much every time I call my cats name it happens to me too
    @stephaniaaaah me too!! Louie sounds beautiful  <3 <3 <3
    So I gave my cat a bath the other day OMG the poor thing hated it, but she really did need one, she was all covered is yuck and dirt from outside. Anyone else every bathed a cat before? how can I help make her not hate it so much?
  • HoneyPotHoneyPot Posts: 123 Mod Squad
    Oh my gosh @mak_trouble891 you are so brave! I have tried to bathe my cats before and none of them were ever having a bar of it so i gave up everytime!
    @mak_trouble891 Yep I've bathed a lot of cats in my cat-owning times and they do. not. like. it. My oldest cat made awful meows to alert the other cats to what was up. My arms were not the same afterwards.

I've had one cat who didn't mind the water, so I think it's just a preferential thing more than something you can teach. But I guess giving them baths as kittens would help?

My mum just shared this photo of my bunny on FB and I am SCREAMING!!! LOOK AT HIM OH MY GOD HE'S SO FREAKING CUTE!!!!! (He's free roaming by the way but sleeps in a hutch to keep him safe from our cats)! Also yes that is a tiny bed. :heart:
  • Aunt_FloAunt_Flo Posts: 491 Mod Squad
    @tea SO CUUUUUTE!  <3
    @tea omg what a sweet little chunk!!!!!  <3 <3 <3

thanks @HoneyPot and if I'm honest she really needs another one but am avoiding it after last time lol

@tea I think if I had her from a kitten that would have helped. How many cats have you had?