Kegels ?? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Kegels ??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    beesaurus
    Participant

do kegels actually work? 

teatea

Hi @beesaurus! Welcome! I’m not too sure about the effectiveness of kegels? Maybe @Nurse_Nettie has some more information?

NickiPower
    Participant

Hey @beesaurus! Welcome to the Play Safe forums! You have asked a really good question, kegels can be confusing but it’s a great set of muscles to work on! We have had some discussion on Kegels on the board in the past, you can catch up here: 
    http://community.playsafe.health.nsw.gov.au/discussion/comment/2861#Comment_2861

MintMilanoMintMilano

What do you mean ‘work’ @beesaurus? in any case, yeah Kegel exercises do help restore muscle tone in the pelvis/vagina after childbirth. though I’ve heard that doing also helps your own awareness of your body so it can improve sensations during sex too – so not just for new mothers! 

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Welcome @beesaurus! 🙂 Kegels are a great way to strengthen the muscles around your bladder, vagina or penis & back passage. And those muscles are important! They help control your wee & poo & also play a big part in sexual sensation. So a strong pelvic floor means no leaks & better sex! What’s not to like!

Want to make sure you’re doing it right? check out this guide & read through the thread @NickiPower posted too! Lots of good info!

Kit
    Participant

Hi @beesaurus, welcome to Play Safe. *waves*
    What a great question! Have you done kegel exercises a lot in the past, is that why you ask? For me, I usually forget to remember to do them 😀
    Hope the links above were helpful. Let us know how you’re going with your exercises, or even if you’ve never done them.

Looking forward to chatting more
    K

HappyHooHah
    Participant

My friends love these kegel balls… some claim to wear them during the day!
    https://www.honeybirdette.com/collections/all-toys/products/milano-kegel-exercise-beads

peachy
    Participant

@HappyHooHah I bought one of these ages ago and only tried it once! Thanks for reminding me I have it – going to see if I can find it and try it out again! 

teatea

@HappyHooHah I don’t think I’d have enough concentration to use them during the day! On that topic though a friend told me they regularly clench them butt cheeks together to tighten those muscles 😆

peachy
    Participant

@tea oooh butt clenching – I’ll have to give that a go haha! 

MintMilanoMintMilano

@tea @peachy haha I think butt clenching is part of it but I think to properly train the pelvic floor muscles they say to imagine yourself peeing and then trying to stop mid-stream. thats the muscle you need to be flexing/working too. the butt muscles usually fire at the same time when you do that, but its possible to do the butt clenching without the pelvic floor ones. make sure you’re getting a well rounded work out  😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.