Our forum is under maintenance at the moment which means we can't reply to any posts or comments. We'll be back up online soon - in the meantime if you have a general Play Safe question please email us playsafe@health.nsw.gov.au or, if you have a sexual health question, you can ask Nurse Nettie completely confidentially here https://playsafe.health.nsw.gov.au/ask-nurse-nettie

Bullet Journals

mak_trouble891mak_trouble891 Posts: 563 Mod Squad
As promised @Kit and @tea here is some of my spreads from my bullet journal. I am still working on this month so will post them soon. Am keen to seen yours too :) 

Comments

• mak_trouble891mak_trouble891 Posts: 563 Mod Squad
  • teatea Posts: 267 Mod Squad
    Also really love that mood tracker idea @mak_trouble891 !! 
  • ElleBelleElleBelle Posts: 410 Community Manager
    OMG THESE ARE AMAZING. What are those gorgeous watercolour-y pens you use @tea?

BRB, buying a bullet journal.
    Thanks @tea, can I just say I really love yours, just AMAZIMG!!
    Yeah I find the dots really helpful for set up and spacing. I got my book from office works.
    What pens do you use? They look so pretty and like watercolours :) 
    @ElleBelle @mak_trouble891 Thank you!!! :heart:

For these spreads, I've used some copic markers, but they're very expensive (I had these gifted to me luckily)! They're something ridiculous like $5 a marker! But I've recently purchased some new markers that are pretty much identical to 'midiliners' - which are a popular studyblr marker.

You can get a pack of the imitation midiliners from Daiso for $2.80 a pack! Which is freaking amazing considering a pack of the real-deal is around $20!!!!

These are the markers:

10/10 recommend these bc the colours are A+++ and they don't bleed through the paper!!!

After this conversation I definitely forked out like $60 on a bullet journal and a heap of fancy pens.
    @ElleBelle YAAASSSS!! Totally okay though, if I splurge on stationary I make my self feel better about it by telling myself it's all a part of self care (which it totally is) :smile:
  • NickiPowerNickiPower Posts: 423 Rock Star
    OMG guys. Teach me about the ways. I actually use a planner but what do you use washi tape for? I need this in my life!!! @tea @mak_trouble891
  • KitKit Posts: 403 Rock Star
    OMG I am dying!!!!! These are absolutely amazing @mak_trouble891 @tea!!! :o :o :o

Also @tea we should start a Japanese thread ;)
    @NickiPower I don't use washi tape in my planners but I see a lot of studyblrs using them to decorate their spreads (using the tape for headers or just decoration in general).

@Kit I'm so on it :smiley:
  • Aunt_FloAunt_Flo Posts: 491 Mod Squad
    Okay, this looks definitely looks like something I need to get into! I love lists and pretty things @tea, @mak_trouble891 any tips for getting started and sticking with the bullet journal?

@Aunt_Flo Yessss!! Welcome to the world of journaling! I think a good starting point would be to figure out what you want to get out of your journal. This could be to help track your mood, activities, to keep you more organised or just something to have fun with (the possibilities are endless really).

Once you've decided that, you get to the fun part of buying stationary!! I highly recommend those midiliner knock-offs from Daiso that I mentioned earlier, and for the journal itself you can use any notebook you like but I recommend this one - it's expensive but the paper is good and it comes in a ton of colours, Kinokuniya has a good range of them.

Then you can get some inspo and start your very own!! Studyblr's on Tumblr is great for inspiration on designs and ideas! I'm excited to see your spreads! :smiley:
    Ooooh thanks @tea! I love Daiso, so that's easy done. I think tracking mood and spending would be a good start for me. Excited to get started! 
    I just want my new pens to arrive so I can get started already! I don't want to use boring ballpoint pens :D

What did you order @ElleBelle?

@NickiPower pretty much what @tea said, I use washi tape as mainly a decoration thing to make my pages look pretty. Plus there is so many different types, glitter, shiny, all types of colours and patterns too. They are a great way to add some fun :)

@Ellebelle I would spend heaps on stationary if I could afford to. Like @tea, I kind of use it as part of my self care. Atm I really have a thing for markers and highlighters.

OMG! lists are my life @Aunt_Flo lol I agree with what @tea said, it can be really helpful to look on Instagram, google, tumblr etc. for inspiration, design ideas, and there is sometimes some cool challenges too. Cause I wasn't sure if it was something I would stick with, I just got a cheap book from officeworks and used the stationary I hard, then as I got into it started buying other things.

So this is a bit of last month mixed with what I have come up with for my October layout. Am still going to keep what I have been doing, but am adding a page for new car ideas and a designated month layout and notes page. What about you guys?

I haven't really added anything new to mine yet! I've been neglecting using it recently tbh, having some not so great mental health days lately, makes it difficult to do anything. I really want to get a new journal though, it takes so long setting up the one I have now I feel like a dotted paper one would be sooo much better. I want to buy a lot of stickers to put in them too! I love stickers  :)
    It can be really hard to bullet journal on the best of days so I don't blame you for not doing anything when you mental health is acting up. I find dotted paper much easier too, especially because it takes so long to set everything up.
  • TinyTeddyTinyTeddy Posts: 31 Mod Squad
    @tea @mak_trouble891 Both your journals are so beautiful! At the moment my journalling/ planning is limited to the back of used envelopes haha. 

Like you said, I could imagine this requiring motivation on the best of days. I wonder if there are journals already set up or does that defeat the purpose of bullet journalling?

Thanks for sharing! 
  • stephaniaaaahstephaniaaaah Posts: 117 Community Manager
    @tea @mak_trouble891 these are SO inspiring!! I'm a bit like @TinyTeddy and I plan on any piece of paper I can get by hands on haha
    @tea I got the pens from Daiso, they're the cutest! 

@TinyTeddy you're right they do take a bit of planning and motivation. I do struggle sometimes to keep it up. But there is nothing wrong with just planning on a bit of paper, just do what ever works for you. Thanks @stephaniaaaah :)

@TinyTeddy You can definitely get ones that are set up similarly (Kikki.K would be a great place to start!) It's just more fun and customisable making your own I guess?

@stephaniaaaah I totally still use scraps of paper myself tbh (stares at the millions of sticky notes I have lying around everywhere)...

@Aunt_Flo How good are they?? I love how bleed-proof they are (and cheap)!

Here's a spread I did last month too! (I messed up a little and had to scribble over some dates though ...oops)!
    So pretty @tea
    edited November 2017
    @tea gorgeous! I think I'll have a squiz at Kiki.k or probably end up at Daiso for some pens! 
  • HoneyPotHoneyPot Posts: 123 Mod Squad
    Gosh these are beautiful! I'm going back to uni next year to do Masters by distance ed. I've already been to uni but haven't been a student for 2 years so i'm feeling a bit nervous! Also i haven't done a full degree online so i'm a bit nervy about that too! Do you reckon a bullet journal is a helpful thing for students?
    @HoneyPot Ooo that's exciting! I haven't used a bullet journal before but I am convinced. I needed as much motivation (love the affirmations) during my uni days and I could imagine it being a nice little ritual during those stressful times. 

What are you doing your Masters in?