Personality Tests - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Personality Tests

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    peachy
    Participant

Anyone else love personality tests? I know some people find them a bit dodgy haha but I am such an INFJ on the Myers Briggs scale! I’m curious to know whether others find their designated type resonates with them? 

This is such a cute website that tells you all your traits and how you act in relationships https://www.16personalities.com/

ElleBelle
    Participant

I always get ISTP and it fits me pretty well. Every time I read the descriptions of ISTP it sounds like the descriptions of a Saggitarius, which I also am. Science and woo, teaming up to put me in my box 😀

peachy
    Participant

@ElleBelle I feel the same way about Aquarius/INFJ descriptions as well! Have you done the enneagram test too?

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

I am always INTJ or one of the variations. I never take it well, which is part of it haha.

DeftRat
    Participant

I just did the test from the website @peachy ESFJ, from the description of the Consul Personality though I don’t think it’s 100% accurate for me. I was never that “popular” kid at school lol

peachy
    Participant

@DeftRat interesting! I wonder whether you would’ve got a different result if you had done the test while at school? Makes you wonder whether personality is stable or fluid

DeftRat
    Participant

That’s a really good point @peachy. I have definitely changed since my days at school, so I think it may be fluid. Or at least impressionable. I definitely think that my experiences have changed the way that I think and react to things. But also interesting that I don’t think of myself as that person that came out in the personality. Maybe I really am?

CookieMonster
    Participant

@peachy I did the test in yr10 at school and got ENFP. I did it again two yrs ago and got ENFP-T and I did it today and got ENFP-T

Apparently I have not changed as much as I thought I have….

peachy
    Participant

@DeftRat I would have said the same! I was so different in high school, but like @CookieMonster I’ve had the same test result since 17! I was pretty shy and anxious then so I feel like as I’ve grown up and become more confident, I’ve been more able to express my INFJ characteristics (i.e. having the confidence to get involved in student societies at uni and meet other socially-conscious people).

CookieMonster
    Participant

@peachy  yeah I think as you get old you may grow into your personality more but I think something drastic would have to happen to completely change it… if that makes sense?

MintMilanoMintMilano

I’ve read somewhere that there is a slight bias in these personality tests because it’s more self-reporting and how honest you are with yourself. So sometimes the result is more a reflection of how you want to be rather than what you actually are? For most people its probably the same but there’s probably room for error, but it would explain why people always get the same result, if you still hold the same kind of values for yourself? 

I’ve always gotten ENFJ and I read the descriptions thinking “Yeah, that sounds great!” In a way it feels like a motivation or reminder to be the kind of person I want to be. So I guess there’s value in that too. 
    champagnepapi

Dyed in the wool ENFJ. I’m not sure how much it impacts my day to day though…

teatea

I had to take a few personality tests for a psychology unit and I did them about 10 times over because I was sure the results were too bias like @MintMilano was saying. I ended up getting a few friends to fill them out with me to try and make sure it wasn’t so one-sided but I don’t know if that really makes it any better!  😀 I’m an INFJ like @peachy! Which is supposed to be rare but I know so many people who fall under that category? Hmm..

MintMilanoMintMilano
    teatea

@MintMilano That is SO me!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.