Vaginal Atrophy - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Nurse Nettie Vaginal Atrophy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PurplePurple

Hi Nurse Nettie (and everyone) I just read this really peculiar article and was wondering if there’s any truth in it? I figured it was just some trash journalism but thought I’d check in case  🙂 
    http://nypost.com/2017/08/15/vaginas-absolutely-need-sex-or-theyll-become-medically-depressed/

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

Weird, I have never heard of this before – @Nurse_Nettie what do you think?

MintMilanoMintMilano

I feel like vaginal atrophy could potentially be a thing, but the whole sexless depressed vagina thing just seems like an attention seeking headline. 

Kit
    Participant

Yeah, isn’t that something else? Like related to pain or something?

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Hi @jessica & @CloakOfAsh, sorry for the delayed post, I’ve been busy caring for people with the flu! Vaginal atrophy is a condition, however you’re right @MintMilano that it’s incorrectly portrayed in this news article. While hormones do play a role other rare skin conditions (lichen sclerosis, for example) may cause symptoms. The good news is that it may be treated. The key is to visit a doctor early if any signs of vaginal burning, dryness or itch & any pain or bleeding with sex occur.

PurplePurple

Hi @Nurse_Nettie thank you for your response, so it has nothing to do with how much sex one is/isn’t having? 

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Correct @jessica. It’s not related to frequency of sex. That’s a myth (fake news)!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Nurse Nettie’ is closed to new topics and replies.