Menstural cups - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Menstural cups

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    peachy
    Participant

Wondering if anyone has had any experience with menstural cups? How did you find it? Did it affect your sex life in any way?

I’ve been excited to use one I bought a few months ago but also a bit nervous because it looks pretty intimidating and I’ve never used tampons before either!

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

YES. LOVE. 10/10

I really like mine. It was really intimidating for me the first time and I thought there was no way it would fit or feel comfortable. Now it’s second nature. I’ve found that I’m not experiencing vaginal dryness as much, I ~feel~ more hygienic, and generally find my period more manageable with the cup. Never had a leak either. 

It hasn’t affected my sex life in the slightest, I’ve just got to remember to take it out beforehand. 😉

TinyTeddy
    Participant

@Aunt_Flo My housemate uses a menstrual cup and loves it! She is fortunate to work at a place that provides basins inside the toilet cubicle. Do you get self conscious emptying it in public bathrooms? 

HoneyPot

I love mine too! It’s been generally pretty easy to use and I love that I don’t have to change it as much and can use it when I go to bed.
    There have however been two amusing but super awks incidents with it though –
    1. Early on when I was using it I took it out once and accidentally spilled my beautiful fluids all over my thighs. Was great.
    2. Also once dropped it in the toilet at the pub.

You don’t HAVE to rinse it every time you re-insert it, so if I’m in public and it’s time to empty it, i’ll just empty it into the toilet and give it a wipe with some toilet paper, then rinse it when I get home :smiley:

NickiPower
    Participant

I’ve almost pulled the trigger and purchased one but I too am concerned about taking it out and the thought of having to stick it in a boiling pot of water to clean. I love the environment benefits to it and I also learnt that sanitary items don’t have to have their ingredients/info listed which is kinda scary! 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@TinyTeddy nah, haha. As @HoneyPot said, you don’t have to rinse it every time, so I usually use toilet paper too and it works absolutely fine. 

TinyTeddy
    Participant

Ooo good to know! I was under the impression you had to rinse it every time. It is sounding more and more appealing, both environmentally and economically. 

CookieMonster
    Participant

I have really wanted to try it as well but I feel like I would spill the contents everywhere when trying to empty it!!!!

my sister recently got one and said the easiest thing is to change it in the shower which I think is a super good tip… 

another friend of mine recently posted this about them on Facebook
    “Fold cup like a burrito. Insert and twist to create seal. To remove, do some core workouts to push it down, break the seal with your finger and remove slowly. Tip in the toilet. Rinse. Repeat.”

CookieMonster
    Participant

Also they last up to 12 hours between changing it @TinyTeddy so you can literally go all day without worrying and change it when you get home

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@CookieMonster the 12 hours is soooooo good!

peachy
    Participant

Going to try it today!!! Wish me luck!! 

ElleBelle
    Participant

Good luck @peachy, I love mine! At first I could “feel” it, and thought it wasn’t uncomfortable or unpleasant I was conscious that it was there. Now I don’t feel it. I recently had to buy a new one, because I left it boiling on the stove and completely forgot about it. The pot boiled dry and the cup went black. Lucky I didn’t burn the house down! Now I just stick it in a mug and put boiling water over the top of it, instead of boiling in a pot. 

HoneyPot

Oh my god I’ve never boiled mine. Not even after the pub incident. WHAT AM I DOING?! Gonna do it now! THANKS EVERYONE.

peachy
    Participant

Omg it’s so good!! Getting it in was okay once I lubed up the cup and did @CookieMonster ‘s burrito fold. This morning was a bit scary because I couldn’t feel the stem!! But once I lubed my fingers and did some squatting, I was able to find it and could press down to break the suction and pull it out! 

NickiPower
    Participant

Did you boil it before use @peachy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.