when do i know when to have sex? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships when do i know when to have sex?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mapletree39
    Participant

i feel like i’m ready, and there’s this guy i really want to do it with. just don’t know if i should. like if i regret it, there’s no turning back. 

NickiPower
    Participant

Hey @mapletree39! Welcome to the forums! I’m going to start off and say that this is a great question to ask, because really being ready depends on one person, and that’s yourself. Only you can decide when you’re ready, and don’t let anyone else convince you otherwise. If you’re having any doubts, you don’t have to do anything you are unsure about.  

Sex can also mean so many different activities. If you do decide that you’re ready, make sure you read up on how to keep your sex safe

Kit
    Participant

Hey @mapletree39, welcome to PlaySafe!

What an exciting, liberating, overwhelming time. No doubt there’s a lot of thoughts going around your mind and it can drive you crazy – or maybe it was just me! Ha! But it sounds like you’re worried about regretting having sex for the first time. Is there anything in particular that you’re concerned about or think you might regret?

It is totally up to you what you do with your body and like @NickiPower said, you don’t have to do anything you are unsure about. I would also suggest that there definitely is turning back. If at any stage you no longer want to have sex (with this guy or anyone), you can definitely say so and immediately stop having sex.

Personally, sex for the first time with a partner was something that I felt comfortable with and was something we were both willing to try in our relationship. The circumstances of your relationship with this guy, whether committed, casual, friendship or anything else, may differ but a chat might help work out what page you’re both on.

I hope this is helpful @mapletree39. Do you think a chat would work or is there some other way that you think might help you feel more comfortable?

ElleBelle
    Participant

Welcome @mapletree39! It’s a good question. What are some of your fears about having sex with this person? 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.