first time feeling like this - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships first time feeling like this

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    unknown
    Participant

hi everyone

i dont know if this a normal feeling- i feel like theres something wrong with me

i have a bad sexual past but i wont get into that nor would i like to-  but in short it wasnt the way i planned it or liked it either

i was watching a movie and it had a sex secene in it and usually i would look away and cringe but this time it was like my body was yearning for it- ive also ahd a pleasureable dream before too
    i havent acted on these yearnings- masterbation- and ive jsut ignored them and im hoping they subside
    i dont think these are normal are they?

@nurse_nettie

unknown
    Participant
    jackh
    Participant

Hmm @unknown I think I know what you mean, and it’s pretty normal, I’m sure most people get sexual feelings and masturbation is totally ok

unknown
    Participant

i dont know….
    i think t would be weird if i did that- no judgement to anyone else who does it

isnt it weird for females to do it themelves

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Yes @unknown, this is completely, entirely 100% normal & healthy. This feeling is called desire

unknown
    Participant

Really @Nurse_Nettie  even though i had a bad past.    

Even i was to act on these desires i dont have anything to use and im not using fingers 

ElleBelle
    Participant

Hey @unknown, if your introduction to sex was distressing it can make sexual desires feel confusing or uncomfortable. Like the others have said, what you’re feeling (getting turned on by a sex scene in a movie and being curious about masturbation) is a completely normal response, and it’s how many people start to learn about their own bodies and what they like.

Lots of women masturbate, although they tend not to talk about it as openly as guys do, and there’s no right or wrong way to do it. There is some info here, but generally for women masturbation involves stroking or rubbing your clitoris and other parts of your vagina. Some women do use sex toys like dildos and vibrators, which we have info on here, but it’s not mandatory and since toys cost money using your fingers is a good way to start.

Masturbation has gotten a bad rap over the years, some people are taught it’s wrong or dirty – but there is absolutely nothing shameful about doing it. If you’re feeling hesitant because of your past, chatting to a counsellor can really help work through some of those feelings. You can visit your GP and ask for a referral, or if that’s too nerve-wracking, you can call 1800 RESPECT or use their webchat service, and they can help link you up with a counsellor.

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Hi @unknown what @ElleBelle says is true. You can also touch any other parts of your body (& not just the vagina) to see how it feels. If you don’t want to use fingers that’s ok too. Some people use & hold pillows, cushions or soft toys, there’s no problems with that either.

unknown
    Participant

@Nurse_Nettie

I tried it and i was waay to tight to fit anything in there anyway and the muscles was pushing them out and it was painful 
    I used fingers and im not proud and actually very embarrassed about it but  it hurt and ive only got thin fingers  and now it burns in there is that normal and i dont have nails and they were clean

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@unknown before @Nurse_Nettie chimes in, I’ll say this (and keep repeating it if you need me to): you don’t have any reason to be embarrassed. Masturbation is just the most incredibly normal and natural thing.

We casually talk about guys jerking off all the time in high-school sex-ed; but we just kinda pretend that women don’t have the same needs, which is just beyond CRAZY!

Female pleasure is so natural that Emma Watson quite proudly talks about it: read this hello giggles article.

You are probably not ready for the OMGYES site she mentions yet, but if you’re feeling brave then take a look at the outer site for more information.

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

@unknown, if your sore in the vagina don’t put anything inside it. I think its better to sort the symptoms out with a doctor first. If you put anything inside the vagina & it’s painful -stop & don’t force it. What I meant was that some people rub soft & textured items on the skin of the whole body to feel different sensations & to learn what parts of the body feel nice to be touched that way.  Masturbation doesn’t always mean putting things inside the vagina or bum (penetration).   

unknown
    Participant

hi @MsBlueStreak 
    thank you for your input
    i cant help but feeling embarrassed though. that was the first time ive done that and its very unusual for me to do. im sure many other women do it and more that wont admit to it but its weird for me

unknown
    Participant

@Nurse_Nettie i wasnt sore until something was inside. i tried your soft trick but it didnt do anythign for me at all except make me feel even stranger

my body was rejecting my own finger- just one
    i dont want to meantion this to my gp either
    though it might add in with the smell, discharge and the itching and now the burning and pain i felt with this today

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

You’re not alone @unknown. Some women find vaginal penetration very painful. If there’s no infection or other physical problem causing it, sexual therapy or counselling may help. It’s totally ok to talk to a doctor about this.

unknown
    Participant

I cant im to embarrassed @Nurse_Nettie

I cant walk  in there and say i tried masturbaton and it hurt. My finger wouldnt go in 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.