Careers - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Careers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    jackh
    Participant

hi 
    to get the conversation going I’m  interested to hear what people here are studying/working in? if you are not yet out of school what do you think you might do? 

Kit
    Participant

Great q! I’m dabbling in the marketing space but have also dabbled in photography and travel… so I guess I’ll come up with something eventually!

What are you studying @jackh? Or what are you looking to do in your career? I know someone whose goal is just retirement lol

jackh
    Participant

Haha yeah I like that goal @Kit I’m studying primary teaching, I’m about to finish my degree. And I’m working at a cafe, which is really nice, I enjoy it. 

mak_trouble891
    Participant
    That’s awesome @jackh, how do you manage work and study?
    I’m studying a degree in social work and am in my 3rd year, with one more to go. I also have two part time jobs. I enjoy it all but it can be very stressful at times.
    jackh
    Participant

@mak_trouble891 it can be crazy! I have constant reminders and alarms on my phone. I have almost made it to the end of my course – not long to go now. 

ElleBelle
    Participant

Working on Play Safe and chatting to all you awesome people IS my job – how lucky am I? B)

jackh
    Participant

That sounds really cool! @ElleBelle

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

In case anyone is feeling worked up about not knowing what they want to do with their lives… I’m just gonna quote some lyrics from the Sunscreen Song:

The most interesting people
    I know didn’t know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives
    Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don’t

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I work in communications for a rare disease charity. 🙂

jackh
    Participant

awesome @Aunt_Flo i cant wait to finish my course and get out there

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Thanks! Work has got it pro’s and con’s. Enjoy uni while it lasts – I certainly miss it! But I do like working as well. 🙂

jackh
    Participant

I’m working too and gee its hard, but once I finish my degree at least i’ll only be doing one thing instead of both i’ve enjoyed my placements so it will be good to get started @Aunt_Flo

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

That’s great @jackh! Good to know that you enjoy it before actually starting. 🙂

Kit
    Participant

Primary teaching must be so hard @jackh! I would not have the tolerance for that!

jackh
    Participant

really @Kit I must admit my first few days of my first placement drove me mad, and i questioned if i should be in it haha but I do love it 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.