Low grade HPV - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Nurse Nettie Low grade HPV

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    unknown
    Participant

HI i was rectly diagnoses with low grade HPV. ive been talking to my gp but she seems to be too relaxed about it

im really worried about having to wait to see if it goes on its own or whether its going to get worse

im super worried and super scared
    what do i do? how worried should i be?

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

Hi thanks for your post. Being diagnosed with a low grade abnormality and HPV can be scary for a lot of women. The fact is that for most women, the HPV will be gone and the Pap Smear will be normal again on average in about 8 months time. That is why its best to wait now and not have any unnecessary procedures right away. You may not know it but it actually takes decades from an abnormal Pap Smear to the development of cervical cancer. In fact the majority of abnormal Pap Smears resolve of their own accord and cervical cancer is very uncommon. 

Have a look here to find out more. If you want to speak with a sexual health nurse about this you might like to call the Sexual Health Infolink on 1800 451 624

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

Okay – as we have two threads on this topic, and the conversation is progressing in the other thread, I’m closing this one off.

@unknown thanks for asking your question.

Link for those looking for the other thread: http://community.playsafe.health.nsw.gov.au/discussion/330/low-grade-hpv

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Low grade HPV’ is closed to new replies.