Who remembers those childhood songs - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Who remembers those childhood songs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    MsBlueStreak
    Participant

Okay – so this is showing my age somewhat. But who remember’s Dawson’s Creek (as the crazy silly coming of age train wreck that it was)? I found myself inexplicably humming one of the songs, “I don’t want to wait”, from it’s soundtrack this morning, and am now listening to it as I work (yes, I bought the soundtrack way back when, and never got rid of it).

And now to my real question: Does anyone else ever find themselves randomly singing along to a song from their childhood (either a popular old song from the radio, or from a tv show) for like no reason and out of nowhere?

mak_trouble891
    Participant

OMG yes! I’m always singing or humming old ads (I definitely watched too much tv as a kid)
    I remember the ad for husqvana chainsaws lol “Its husk like corn, varn, like varnish but without the ish and na like na I don’t want no other stinking chainsaw I want a Husqvan”

ElleBelle
    Participant

I cannot see the abbreviation EOFY without singing that old Foxtel ‘Happy EOFYS” song 😀

Kit
    Participant

That sounds like a really complicated ad @mak_trouble891. I’m having trouble getting my head around it!  😀

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@ElleBelle every freaking time! And it’s almost EOFY time again. 

I always get the opening cheer from Bring it On in my head. And video game music. The Mario theme is mega catchy. 

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

So glad I’m not alone.

NickiPower
    Participant

@Aunt_Flo BRING IT ON YESSSSS!!!! Did you know that it’s a stage musical now? 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@NickiPower I did not but now I’m excited!

NickiPower
    Participant

I know right? LOVE IT!!! @Aunt_Flo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.