No condom - what do you do? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health No condom – what do you do?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    ElleBelle
    Participant

So this happened the other week:

*fooling around*
    Me: Condom.
    Him: Uhhh, I don’t have one. Do you?
    Me: No, I swapped handbags and it’s in my other one!

Has anyone else been in a situation where neither of you has a condom, and what did you do?

NickiPower
    Participant

*Puts hand up* YES!!! What did I do? Become bitterly disappointed when I realised there was no way it was happening… 

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

This is why you must always live near a 7/11 or similar. Well that and late night snacks but it’s all a means to an end yeah? :open_mouth:

ElleBelle
    Participant

When you’re in the moment, and you really want to have sex it can be so SO hard to step on the brakes. I’ll be completely honest, there has been a time where I’ve just done it anyway. I did have regrets afterwards, I had to go get emergency contraception and then was worried about STIs. It’s really hard to admit that because in theory it’s so easy to be responsible and speak up and stop before it goes further. But in real life there are lots of powerful emotions that come into play!

mak_trouble891
    Participant

I have to agree with @ElleBelle it is really hard to put the breaks on when in the moment, and I have gone ahead with it when there hasn’t been a condom available. The feeling afterwards is not a great one. But it does happen. Now I do my best to take control of my contraception and to prevent against unwanted pregnancy, I use the mirena. And a regular STI check up always helps

NickiPower
    Participant

@mak_trouble891 @ElleBelle I’m so paranoid that it was much easier to pull on the brakes hard then freak out about STIs (and pregnancy, but more STIs) after :joy:

kindofsquishy
    Participant

I found that kind of making it all about ‘the mission’ of finding a condom rather than ‘oh well, guess we can’t have sex’ made it easier to pull on the breaks. If we spend enough time trying to find a 7-11 close by, then we’ll either score some condoms or the mood will go away. Most of the time 🙂 

ElleBelle
    Participant

That’s a good idea @kindofsquishy, a sort of James Bond sex mission! I think one of the hard parts about stepping on the brakes is having the self-confidence to do it. If this isn’t a regular partner or you’re a bit shy, it takes some guts to speak up. If you’ve been drinking, it can also be very tempting to just say “stuff it” and worry about the consequences later.

NickiPower
    Participant

I like that @kindofsquishy, make an “Amazing Race” kind of deal! Makes the reward for all that hard work worth it! 😉

Curiosity
    Participant

Need the mission impossible music as you scope out places to buy those emergency condoms lol

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@Curiosity much lols

mak_trouble891
    Participant

I have to agree with you @ElleBelle, I think confidence is a big factor in being able to put on the breaks in this situation, especially with someone who is not a regular partner. I wonder if a fear of rejection afterwards also plays a part in people just saying yes?

ElleBelle
    Participant

Hahaha @ mission impossible music.

Fear of rejection is a powerful motivator @mak_trouble891. I think it could play a big part in not speaking up. Especially if you haven’t had sexual contact in a while, or if you really like that person.

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Exactly @ElleBelle. Its never a nice feeling to be rejected but is it worth not using a condom and risking and STI or pregnancy? Hindsight is a wonderful thing – that’s all I can say   

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

Even being responsible in a relationship can be hard when you’re all in the zone and on hormone highway to hell. 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.