Forever alone on V-Day? - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Forever alone on V-Day?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    ElleBelle
    Participant

What do you guys think about Valentine’s Day? Does it kinda suck if you’re single or is it just a hyped up marketing holiday?

pollypower
    Participant

I love Valentine’s Day!
    I know its totally over-hyped- but I’m a big fan of love. Any excuses to celebrate it is ok with me. 

walk_on_walls
    Participant

I’m happy with something simple on the day, such as going out for a nicer dinner, flowers. However, if my partner is really into Valentine’s Day, I’m also happy to go the whole-hog.

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

The only thing I’ve ever liked about Valentine’s Day is Greater Union/Event Cinema’s penchant for playing Breakfast at Tiffany’s  – which is one of my all time favourite films.

Other than that it just kinda ruins my birthday (which is the same week as Valentines) by making friends to broke/busy to party, and flowers too crappy and overpriced to purchase.

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

I try to avoid and ignore these sort of holidays as they mostly put undue pressure on people relationship or not. 

ALTHOUGH it’s always a great reminder to have some us time or a date or similar because after 7years you can get pretty lazy

mak_trouble891
    Participant

I remember when I was single I found it difficult during Valentine’s Day, because it felt more like a reminder that I was alone, but I guess that just depends on how you look at it. Now I’m in a relationship, I enjoy it more, and try to look at it as a way of spending time with my partner even though it is more a day for shops to get people to spend money they don’t have. 
    Besides who doesn’t love presents lol 

v4wanndii
    Participant

When I was single, Valentine’s Day was just a normal, boring day. It was kind of painful to see people holding flowers they got from their partner/boyfriend. Now Valentine’s Day is more interesting. I’m looking forward to having a nice dinner with my boyfriend. 

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

So it seems we’ve got a mixed bunch here… some who like it, some who wish it didn’t exist, and some relationship status dependent types who change sides.

Whether or not you’re celebrating next Tuesday… I hope we all have a swell day.

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I love to buy gifts for others, so for me it’s just an excuse to buy my guy some nice stuff! 🙂 Before I was with my boyfriend, I still liked to celebrate by buying friends a chocolate or something small.

My boyfriend and I never normally go out to dinner or do anything too special, but we’re going on holidays by coincidence, so we’ll be having a lovely dinner on Tuesday!

NickiPower
    Participant

I don’t really do Valentine’s Day, and it’s no biggie for me. I ❤️ love, but I love unprompted displays of affection even more!! 😉

Curiosity
    Participant

Personally, I do love all of the colours and bunches of flowers that are on display in the shops. I’m the same as @MsBlueStreak by birthday is in the same week too so it gets lost

ElleBelle
    Participant

I have to admit I get a bit bummed out on Valentine’s Day, being a Forever Alone. I wish I could have a Leslie Knope-style Galentine’s Day!

EggplantEmoji
    Participant

^ I was just gonna say, having a cute galentines celebration is the best! I’ve never been big on it even when in a rele tbh, like one year I got to make the plans and I opted for us to see the new die hard movie haha. But my current bf likes ~cute~ things so I’m surprising him w a pasta making class (more importantly, they give us wine). 

EggplantEmoji
    Participant

Honestly also sometimes the best thing is to #treaturself and splurge on some cute lingerieeeeee just for u

Curiosity
    Participant

Happy Valentines day everyone! Here is a cute dog to brighten your day

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.