Condom shelf life - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sexual Health Condom shelf life

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cupidtaro
    Participant

Generally how long a condom last?
    Does anyone know what is the shelf life of condom Nano-light (one dozen) and tiger (3s)
    Is there a way for me to check the manufacture date using the lot number?

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

Hi @cupidtaro, welcome to Play Safe.

To get you the most factual answers, I’m just going to tag in our resident expert @Nurse_Nettie.

Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

@cupidtaro & @MsBlueStreak Usually expiration dates are written on packaging. If not, you’d have to contact the manufacturer for advice about a specific product.

But keep in mind, there are a lot of things that can shorten the life of a condom! Get the facts here!

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

Thanks @Nurse_Nettie – I thought that may have been the case, but you always have the better facts.

Kit
    Participant

Hey @cupidtaro, welcome to Play Safe!

I think you’ve asked a great question and your interest in the ‘shelf life’ is really important, especially if you’re concerned about how long a shop has had a packet of condoms on sale for (I know some dodgy little shops I would never buy condoms from – I’m sure those packs have been on the shelf for a year!). If you’re comfortable that the stock at the place you’re buying from is ok, and the packs aren’t stored in full sunlight for months, definitely check those expiry dates.

How long have you had the condoms you’re worried about? And, more importantly, where do you normally store them? There’s some great tips in the article Nurse Nettie has shared but don’t forget keeping a condom in your wallet for ’emergencies’ isn’t always a good idea, especially if you leave it in there for a long time. I like to think ‘fresh is best!’ 😉

ElleBelle
    Participant

Does this help @cupidtaro? Let us know how you went!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Sexual Health’ is closed to new topics and replies.