Christmas! - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Christmas!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    ElleBelle
    Participant

Merry Christmas everyone! How was your day? What pressies did you get? Did you fall into a food coma?

Kit
    Participant

Merry Christmas!!!! No food coma but a pretty ace day of reflection and family. Definitely felt the love <3 I think it helped there wasn’t a lot of travel this year – we normally drive a 4hr round trip to fit in all the families!

Awesone489
    Participant

Thanks @ElleBelle , I had a great Christmas catching up with the extended family. My presents were clothes this time. I avoided the food coma this year :smiley:

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@ElleBelle  – I hope you had a great Christmas (you didn’t tell us about yours).

So I’ve just completed family Christmas with my parents about an hour ago (who chose to be off cruising for the past 3 weeks, and so weren’t here for the 25th). They seemed pleased with their pile of loot, and as I purchased my gift on their behalf I liked that too.

I’ve pretty much been in a food coma for about 2 weeks, and I think my diabetes would like it if I’d take a break from all the goodies (I think it’s back to salad sandwiches and lots of water for a while as soon as New Year’s is done).

NickiPower
    Participant

I ended up with a sugar hangover and ate way too much! Good thing that it only lasted for 2 days!! 😉

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Merry (belated) Christmas! I got soooo many books, and a few nice other bits and pieces.

And it was wonderful to see family. 🙂

Curiosity
    Participant

I had a really good time with the family over the Christmas break, and was prepared gift-wise in advance for the first time ever. 

Kit
    Participant

Hooray for being prepared @Curiosity! And how good is it having all the books @Aunt_Flo? Summer is like an annual catch up for me like that.

What were your fancy clothes @Awesone489? My family always had a fun but embarrassing tradition that if you get pyjamas or underwear you model them over the clothes you’re wearing lol. Thankfully there’s never been any photographic evidence!

@MsBlueStreak Lol to purchasing your gift on your parents’ behalf – it’s the sure-fire way to get it right! 😉

Curiosity
    Participant

@Kit  that sounds like a hysterical tradition! A few years ago I decided to get my parents matching elf pajamas, as retaliation for the year before dad bought mum, my sister and myself matching pajamas. They were not so impressed modelling their elf wear, but was worth every cent to the look on their faces 

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@Kit my mum gave up trying to purchase my brother and I our ‘big’ Christmas gift long ago, right around the time she stopped trying to watch our TV shows/movies and listen to our music. She still buys the cute little things one would never expect (this year crystal ornaments for my tree), and the annual underwear and PJs collection (that we do not have to model in front of the family).

Normally she just gift wraps cash, but always invites us to point out if there is anything we really want – a few years back it resulted in some very awesome Foo Fighters tickets for me, and last year my brother got a new TV to replace his dodgy electrocution risk of an old one he’d been self-repairing for at least a year. (My parents are actually pretty generous for Christmas and our birthdays).

@Curiosity I’d have paid to see those elf jammies on my parents, it would have been hilarious (and my dad at least would have loved them). Tips on where to buy?

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Merry belated Christmas everyone and happy new year! I had a more quiet Christmas and new years this year. I spent Christmas eve with my mum, dad and extended family swapping Xmas presents and having a ham and seafood dinner. I was spoilt by my boyfriend and parents this year, getting some lovely jewellery, clothes, workout stuff and perfume. I also did some giving of my own and got my parents a trip to Melbourne as my mum hasn’t been well. Was great to put a smile on their faces. Sounds like you all had a great Christmas too 🙂

Curiosity
    Participant

@MsBlueStreak I bought the elf jammies from target when I was in America, they are really big on Christmas jammies over there, no shortage on novelty ones 🙂

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@Kit having so many books is wonderful! Really good for the train ride to and from work. I’m reading Vineland by Thomas Pynchon right now. 🙂

CookieMonster
    Participant

Christmas is 14 weeks away ppl…. Anyone else feel like it’s still March????

teatea

@CookieMonster YEAH!! What happened to the rest of 2017??

I think I’m more excited for Halloween atm tho 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.