Dry skin - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Dry skin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    mak_trouble891
    Participant

I was just wondering, I have really bad dry skin, and since winter it has gotten worse. What are some good products to use on both the face and all over body, like legs?

EggplantEmoji
    Participant

Vaseline is actually pretty good! They do good moisturisers as well 🙂

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

COCONUT OIL. I have terrible eczema sometimes and I could marry coconut oil. It helps so much so soften the skin and it actually soaks in. Otherwise, a few moisturisers around town are good. I like Lush’s Dream Cream for body moisturising and Aesop products for face. They smell divine!

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I’m also currently sitting with a sticky manuka honey face mask on. It feels a bit gross but it makes my face so soft and supple. That might help, too! (depending on allergies and what not)

NickiPower
    Participant

Also apparently eating healthy fats like Avocado help with dry skin too! 

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

@mak_trouble891 I have ridiculous dermatitis that likes to flare up in the cold of winter and heat of summer, but as much as possible I like to avoid the medicated creams, so I’ve tried so many different creams over the years. Cheap and expensive.

The best I’ve found for being gentle but working – and being unperfumed, because that usually makes the irritation worse – are the QV range of products (they’ve got hand cream, face cream, body lotion, day cream with sunscreen in it etc).

I’ve also found that Olive Butter hand cream (from the people who make Cocoa Butter) is qutie awesome, and is available in a tiny little handbag size.

mak_trouble891
    Participant

@Aunt_Flo I’ve never done a face mask before, what would you suggest for a newbie?
    @MsBlueStreak I’ll definitely give the QV a go, thanks for all the great tips guys 🙂

champagnepapi

Can I bring this back from the dead? I am a skincare fanatic so would love to talk about product recommendations for my bone dry skin too. 

CloakOfAsh
    Participant

@champagnepapi yes pls. I have recently just started getting so dry in the winter. My face was peeling today, what the hell!? I have been using some random moisturiser I found at the chemist that was cheap, vegan and ingredients didn’t seem too odd on inspection but hey what do i know!?

peachy
    Participant

@champagnepapi Yes please!! I get super dry, cracked skin on my hands. I usually use QV but would love something that smells nice and is still okay for sensitive skin.

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

To reiterate, I use coconut oil! Because I rub it in with my hands, a lot gets soaked in and keeps my hands soft. A good or natural brand of handcream is good in the winter time. 

QV is good for sensitive skin. Other brands in that area of chemists/shops are good too. My favourite is Moogoo. It’s Australian and tailored to very sensitive skin (babies, eczema, psoriasis) so everyone can use it. When I was experiencing terrible eczema on my face and hands, it really helped.

For my face, I try to follow the Korean/10 or so step regime as best I can. I use an oil cleanser, cream cleanser, exfoliant every other day, serum mixed with oil, eye serum, eye cream, and moisturiser and a mask every week (phew!). A lot of the facial products I use are Natural Instinct and they don’t irritate my ridiculous sensitive skin.

YAY SKINCARE!

PurplePurple

@Aunt_Flo your skin care return is so impressive! What are some of your favourite products? Especially the cream cleanser and exfoliant, I struggle to find a suitable one. When I head to the supermarket I just end up overwhelmed and confused, haha.

DeftRat
    Participant

@champagnepapi I swear by The Body Shops Hemp Hand Cream. My hands are always so dry in winter and crack, when I use this hand cream consistently it makes them feel normal again. The best stuff I have used for my hands

NickiPower
    Participant

OMG @Aunt_Flo, that’s impressive! I’ve been using Jojoba oil on my worst spots. I also swear by Body Shop Hemp Hand Cream like @DeftRat for my hands! 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

@jessica haha, thanks! I love the Aesop camellia nut moisturiser. For cleanser and exfoliant, I like either Aesop or Natural Instinct (it’s in Priceline. 🙂 ).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.