Work/Study/life balance - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Work/Study/life balance

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    mak_trouble891
    Participant

Any suggestions or tips for balancing work, uni study and general life? I have a new job, uni study, a boyfriend and normal life stresses… just not sure how to balance them all.

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

I don’t think I ever reached a ‘balance’ haha. I think that knowing when to sacrifice something else is always good. Like, one week (if you can), you might need to cut down on the boyfriend and work hours to do your assignments. It definitely isn’t easy, but I worked throughout 5 years of uni with a boyfriend for all 5 years and managed okay in the end…I’d like to think. Don’t forget the ‘you’ time in amongst the balancing act!

mak_trouble891
    Participant

That’s the hard part @Aunt_Flo finding time for me and my me time. I just can’t seem to fit it.

teatea

@mak_trouble891 Did you end up finding any good coping methods?

I get freaking busy with all these life commitments too but I found that taking one day out of the week (or month depending on how busy I get haha), and just having a good chill out session or a pamper is a great way to stay on top of things. If I’m feeling refreshed and recharged it’s a lot easier to manage the stress of doing a million things at once. 

Diana_1996
    Participant

I have 2 jobs, full time uni, have a relationship and still see friends. I really organised my week to get the important stuff done first. I often feel as though I am so overloaded with everything which sometimes stressors me out. But I also find the importance in me time. I hope that helps

champagnepapi

Admittedly I’m struggling in this arena too, all I have is a job, my honours thesis, 1 day of uni and a social life. I want to fit a relationship into this but I don’t see how I could. How does everyone organise their time? Diaries? Phone reminders? 

CookieMonster
    Participant

the struggle is all to real for me!!! I have 3 jobs, a new relo, final semester of uni and more… halp me!!! 😥

teatea

@Diana_1996 @champagnepapi @CookieMonster actually crying for all of u omg, how do you manage all of that? I’m honestly in awe of people who can manage more than one job at a time! My girlfriend was doing that for a while and it drained her a lot so she had to drop one of the jobs.

I’m a bit crazy with my organization tbh!! I have 4 diaries and i’ll take notes on my phone to remind me of things when I’m out. The diaries are for separate things though so I don’t use each one every day but it helps if I need to look at something specific? I also really love lists!! I like to make a ‘to do’ list for the day of maybe two or three things that I should prioritise for the day, so even if I have a million things to do it’s better to get a few smaller things out of the way.

Admittedly though the whole ‘social’ thing often takes a back seat for me, but I try to go out at least once a week!

CookieMonster
    Participant

@tea EVERYTHING GO IN MY PHONE CALENDAR otherwise it won’t happen. I have a REALLY long to-do list so I might take your approach and each day pick a few important things to get done. 

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Hey @tea, for the moment the gym has become my stress outlet and the way I try and cope. With two jobs, uni and a relationship, I have found writing lists to prioritise things and a diary the most helpful. As for the ‘me time’ I’m getting there. I still do too much for everyone else lol but I’m working on it by trying to add something little to my list that’s just for me each day or week if I can. 

teatea

@CookieMonster I found that getting cute stationary to pop my lists on really helps too! (I have some cute AF cat sticky notes that I use for no good reason other than they’re really cute to look at) 😆

@mak_trouble891 I’m so glad you’ve found something to help a bit! I’m guilty of doing too many things for other people too, sometimes I don’t even realize it? I hope you get more ‘you time’ too. :heart:

Diana_1996
    Participant

@champagnepapi What I do is I have a dairy to organize my life in general. Then I have a weekly planner

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.