Deskercise - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Hanging Out Deskercise

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

So, I’ve just started my first office job. I love it (it’s in my field), but sitting down all the time is driving me nuts! I’ve managed to set up a stand so I can stand at my desk, I try to lift my legs under the desk, and I pick the bin down the hall instead of in the office so I get up.

Anyone else have ‘deskercise’~ tips?

NickiPower
    Participant

Set an alarm when you’re at your desk so that when you’ve been sitting for an hour get up and walk around for a couple of minutes!! 

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Apparently it’s recommended to stand for over half your work day so I’m working up to it! I’m trying to stand for two hours at a time. 

ElleBelle
    Participant

I’m watching this thread for tips! I’m terrible at getting up from my desk to exercise 🙂

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

1) I have a fitbit that is set to check that I make at least 250 steps and hour (and tells me which hours I make my target and which I don’t)

2) small water bottle/glass, and a great big thirst… which ensures that I head to the kitchen about once an hour to get a fresh drink.

Curiosity
    Participant

I am the same way @Aunt_Flo I have made it my mission to force myself to be active when I can, I get off the bus earlier so I have to walk the rest of the way and the same on the way home. Otherwise I get too fidgety at my desk. Or I sit on the floor and stretch my hamstrings, but then my co-workers look at me funny hahah 

NickiPower
    Participant

Here’s some tips to avoid sitting all day, I like the exercises to do at work as well as taking calls while standing:  http://www.runnersworld.com/injury-prevention-recovery/ways-to-avoid-sitting-all-day

Aunt_FloAunt_Flo

Ah thank you @NickiPower

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Hanging Out’ is closed to new topics and replies.