Condom Mistakes - Play Safe Forum Topics
Use this button to quickly leave the website
Quick Exit
Visit the blog

Home Forums Sex & Relationships Condom Mistakes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Zah
    Participant

Came across this article about mistakes that people make using condoms – http://www.menshealth.com/sex-women/15-condom-mistakes-youre-making/slide/14 . Apparently up to 3% of people re-use theirs??? Not good!

Kit
    Participant

Ah, the old wallet condom. Emphasis on old :#

Curiosity
    Participant

This teacher explains proper use really effectively
    https://youtu.be/kLklxYI8Zs0 

Kit
    Participant

I love that clip!

Curiosity
    Participant

Reviews to help you choose condoms, once you know the correct way to used them and common mistakes. Thanks @zah

http://au.askmen.com/dating/love_tip_200/241_love_tip.html

MsBlueStreak
    Participant

Loving that video – actually pretty much anything that gives abstinence only teaching a hard time.

Possibly my favourite joke in that video: “It might be that New Hampshire is so cold that no one is going outside to get laid…..” .

But my favourite line goes to “How glad am I that I’m on the side of facts?”

Kit
    Participant

Great find @Caiti. Reviews are so useful and not often talked about. Also, how interesting are the differing packet designs? Those Trojan ones look like old medicine or something…

NickiPower
    Participant

Did anyone else watch Offspring and think OH NO!!! when Nina & the guy were together and he mentioned he was wearing 3 condoms? 

ElleBelle
    Participant

Triple bagging @NickiPower – we know what @Nurse_Nettie would say about that!!

mak_trouble891
    Participant
    I’ve heard of people using gladwrap or sandwich bags
    Nurse_NettieNurse_Nettie
    Keymaster

@ElleBelle yeah, triple bagging is not safer! In fact, using more than one condom at a time is LESS SAFE. You can check out this Playsafe guide for everything you need to know about condoms, but here are the key Do’s & Don’ts:

DO’s:

• Make sure your condom is in good condition (not too old, not torn, not sun/heat damaged!)
    • Put the condom on right (hold the tip to leave room for ejaculate. Unroll it fully & not inside out!)
    • Take the condom out right (hold onto the base when withdrawing so it doesn’t get left behind!)
    • Use a condom the whole time (you’re not fully covered if there’s penetration before the condom is on)
    • Use water based lube as needed (oil based lube like vaseline can cause condoms to break!)

DON’Ts:

• Never use a condom more than once
    • Never use more than one condom at a time
    • Never use oil based lubes with condoms
    NickiPower
    Participant

Thanks @Nurse_Nettie! Yeah, I knew that scene wasn’t right at all! And when the character said he was carrying 3 my other thought was “How old are they??” :smiley:

ElleBelle
    Participant

I had a friend in high school who used gladwrap as a condom @mak_trouble891. To the surprise of nobody, his girlfriend fell pregnant immediately.

Curiosity
    Participant

@ElleBelle I can’t even master the art of wrapping left overs with glad wrap, let alone anything else! 

mak_trouble891
    Participant

Wow @ElleBelle really? I guess that just goes to show that it doesn’t work lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Sex & Relationships’ is closed to new topics and replies.